People 1st is an organisation with a difference.
We exist because of our strong industry and employer heritage in the visitor economy.
Now, however, we offer advice and expertise on a commercial, not-for-profit basis. This means employers are at the heart of what we do and is why we offer impartial advice and solutions designed by experts and based on a unique range of industry insights and experience.
The company comprises several critical communities that all play a role in making our business a success, and ensuring the services and people we offer to clients deliver the successful outcomes they need.
People 1st communities
The trustees: as a not-for-profit business, our trustees bring insight, advice and authority drawn from the successful brands they are part of, as well as their individual experience. As members of our board, our trustees are critical in providing strategic direction and maintaining financial sovereignty to ensure the long-term success of the business.
You can view the team here.
Our experts: our team of experts at People 1st deliver for clients across three broad categories: apprenticeships, performance and talent management and customer excellence. Our experts are talented, experienced individuals that listen carefully to clients’ needs and tailor solutions based on a solid understanding of their culture, their environment and their budget. If you would like to talk to one of our experts and explore how they can meet your needs get in touch here.
Our networks: People 1st runs a series of networks that drive our business and help us fulfil the training needs our solutions require, alongside the needs of our clients:
- Our Apprenticeship Network helps levy paying employers maximise their apprenticeship investment, providing updates and insights on the latest apprenticeship reform developments
- The Wire is our exclusive, new employer network that will offer our clients opportunities to share and discuss industry challenges and successes in performance and talent management
- Our provider network, endorsed by a panel of employers, is made up of colleges and training providers that have achieved our specialist accreditation or apprenticeship gold standard and are recognised as being innovative, flexible and reflecting businesses' needs
- Our long-established trainer network enables us to deliver the full range of training needs
- We also manage industry apprenticeship boards in hospitality, retail and travel, which are recognised by government and play an important role in making sure that the industry’s apprenticeships stay fit for purpose.