Hospitality Apprenticeship Board
Representatives from fifteen organisations have secured a leading role in the future of hospitality apprenticeships with a seat on the Hospitality Apprenticeship Board.
The following members, carefully selected for their combined expertise and passion in driving up the quality of apprenticeships, will each will play a significant part in helping to ensure the new apprenticeship standards remain fit for purpose for all businesses across the industry:
- Edward Gallier, head of learning and development, Amaris Hospitality (chair of the board)
- Johanna Keith, apprenticeship manager, Azzurri Group
- Jonathan Foot, head of apprenticeships, Compass
- David Hoyle, people director, Fuller, Smith and Turner
- Serena von der Heyde, business partner, Georgian House Hotel
- Graham Briggs, apprenticeship manager, Greene King
- Alison Knight, senior manager, talent and leadership development, Hilton Worldwide
- Aideen Whelehan, human resource manager, Lancaster London
- Mary Payne, apprenticeship programme manager, McDonald’s
- Jan Smallbone, director of learning & talent development, Mitchell and Butlers
- Maggie Pavlou, HR director, Parkdean Resorts
- Brian Turner, president, representing the chefs of the Royal Academy Culinary Arts
- Julie Barker, director of accommodation and hospitality (director TUCOltd), University of Brighton (deputy chair of the board)
- Malcolm Redmond, education manager, Whitbread
- Tracy Read, HR director, Young’s
Membership to the apprenticeship board runs from October 2016 to March 2018. In addition to the 15 employer members, the board will include a small number of apprenticeship service providers, for which the nomination process will open in early 2017.
Find out more about the role Hospitality Apprenticeship Board and its members.