Our WorldHost ‘Ambassador Workshop’ gives staff and volunteers the skills to deliver a warm and friendly welcome to customers and visitors, and is particularly focused on their role as an ambassador for their local area.
Participants will learn how equipping themselves with knowledge about what’s on offer in their local community can take their service to another level.
Our interactive programme teaches your staff crucial customer service skills that can lead to:
- Increased revenue, repeat business, average spends and net sales
- Increased tourism and visitor spend in your local area
- Better communication between staff and customers
- Increased staff motivation, and therefore reduced staff turnover and absenteeism
- Higher quality assurance ratings and improved scores on sites like TripAdvisor
When you train 50% or more of your front-line staff using any of the WorldHost programmes, you can also apply to become a WorldHost Recognised Business - a ‘must-have’ badge for customer service.
Who should take this course?
This course is ideal for any member of staff that has day-to-day interaction with customers – whether they’re an assistant, supervisor, department head or director.
It’s also ideal for staff and volunteers working at sporting, cultural or tourism events of any size – the programme has been used to train thousands of local ambassadors and businesses for events including the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympics and the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
What the course covers:
- Why your role as an ambassador is so important
- Demonstrating a warm welcome to customers and visitors
- The importance of maintaining a positive attitude
- Becoming familiar with the community you represent
- Information about a specific event or changing infrastructure in the community (if the programme is being used to prepare for a particular event)
This programme can also be used to achieve a nationally-recognised qualification, the ‘Level 2 Award in Welcoming Tourists and Visitors to their Destination in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism.’ *
- Open programme : £85 per person
- In-company programme : £1,300
- No. of people per programme : Up to 15
- Course length : Half a day
All prices exclude VAT. In-company programmes may include an additional cost for trainer expenses.
*The national qualification is not included in standard WorldHost delivery and requires an extra assessment. Contact us for more details.