Our WorldHost ‘Service Across Cultures’ programme will increase your staff’s awareness of other cultures and give them practical skills and advice to help them communicate effectively with visitors or clients from overseas.
We will give your staff tips and techniques that will help them overcome language barriers and cultural differences, so they can provide a great service for every single one of your customers.
Our interactive programme teaches your staff crucial customer service skills that can lead to:
- An international reputation as an outstanding service provider
- Increased revenue, repeat business, average spends and net sales
- Better communication between staff and customers
- Improved internal communication
- Increased staff motivation, and therefore reduced staff turnover and absenteeism
- Higher quality assurance ratings and improved scores on sites like TripAdvisor
When you train 50% or more of your front-line staff using any of the WorldHost programmes, you can also apply to become a WorldHost Recognised Business - a ‘must-have’ badge for customer service.
Who should take this course?
This course is ideal for any member of staff that has day-to-day interaction with customers – whether they’re an assistant, supervisor, department head or director.
It’s also relevant to staff in non-customer-facing roles; especially in businesses that employ people from a wide range of nationalities and backgrounds. Businesses who have used this programme have reported better communication, understanding and working relationships within their own teams.
What the course covers:
- The importance of overseas custom to your business
- Understanding your own cultural perceptions
- How to avoid making assumptions about other cultures
- Common myths about some of the UK’s biggest overseas markets
- Communicating through language barriers
- How to become a ‘people to people ambassador’
This programme can also be used to achieve a nationally-recognised qualification, the ‘Level 2 Award in Cultural Awareness for Customer Service in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism’. *
- Open programme : £85 per person
- In-company programme : £1,300
- No. of people per programme : Up to 15
- Course length : Half a day
All prices exclude VAT. In-company programmes may include an additional cost for trainer expenses.
*The national qualification is not included in standard WorldHost delivery and requires an extra assessment. Contact us for more details.