Next Tourism Generation Skills Alliance
The project is coordinated by Federturismo Confindustria
Aim of the project
The Next Tourism Generation Alliance (NTG) is the first European partnership and alliance for improving a collaborative and productive relationship between education and industry.
Challenges the project aims to address
The project aims to establish a new strategic Blueprint approach for Sectoral Skills Development in Tourism to respond to the fast changing skills gaps in digital, green and social skills sets.
The four year project, funded by the European Commission under Erasmus+ will provide a detailed assessment of the current and anticipated skills shortages, gaps and mismatches in the sector; respond to the identified needs and offer concrete, innovative and relevant industry-led skills solutions.
The key objectives, working in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary partnership from 8 EU countries, are:
- To improve the relationship between Industry and Educational Providers in the Tourism sector;
- To provide concrete innovative and highly relevant skills products and tools and respond to skills need;
- To provide a detailed assessment of the current and anticipated skills shortages, gaps and mismatches in the sector;
- To develop a common methodology for assessing the current situation, anticipating future needs and monitor progress to respond to skills gaps;
- To identify, describing and indicating priorities for the review or the establishment of new qualifications;
- To improve image of tourism career pathways at company and educational level.
The first phase of the project involves a detailed skills needs assessment exercise focused on five sub sectors of the industry: Visitor Attractions, Food and Beverage companies, Accommodation, Destination Management Organizations & Companies, Tour Operators/Travel Agents. The research will identify if a gap exists between current levels of skills in the business field of tourism and what is needed as skills in the future in 2030.
To find out more visit https://nexttourismgeneration.eu/