Step Up will help your female managers transform their leadership abilities, giving them the skills and confidence to move up to the next level.
Step Up training days are spread out over a number of months, which gives participants the opportunity to try the techniques they have learnt, feed their experiences back to the group and discuss the programme with their line managers.
Benefits of using the Step Up programme to train your female staff include:
- Creating a pipeline of managers for succession planning - 90% of delegates improve their confidence, and over a third are promoted or take on new responsibilities shortly after the programme
- Improved retention as managers learn skills to keep their staff motivated and engaged
- Enriched communication between teams as delegates build relationships and network throughout the programme
- Building your reputation and brand through confident female managers who know how to make a powerful impression
- Supporting your diversity plans by helping develop women into roles where they are underrepresented
Who should take this course?
This course is ideal for women in working junior or middle management roles – including team leaders, supervisors and operational managers – who have direct responsibility for and manage a team on a daily basis.
It’s also perfect for junior female team members who have been identified for promotion.
Number of people per programme: 10-15
What the course covers:
- Understanding your strengths and weaknesses, and using them to their advantage
- Creating positive and powerful first impressions
- Communication skills to motivate staff and manage relationships with colleagues
- Dealing with conflict and giving feedback
- Delivering first-class presentations
- Building confidence and assertiveness
- Negotiation and influencing skills
Hear from others...
“The Step Up training really opens people’s eyes to where they can add value to the business and boosts their confidence. We are definitely seeing more women in management positions now - for example, one of our accountants had come back into work after having children. She took part in the Step Up programme and is now heading up our purchasing system project.”
Sue Davies, head of human resources, Bourne Leisure
“We’re noticing more women saying that they have the confidence to put themselves forward for more senior management roles since introducing the Step Up training. We’ve had a number of individual success stories too – one of the managers who went through the programme secured a £450,000 investment for her venue using the tips and techniques that she acquired during the programme!“
Suzanne Peacock, group talent and development director, Merlin Entertainments
“The Step Up programme has completely changed my life. Before I felt like I was standing still and not going anywhere. Now I feel confident and my career has really evolved.”