Our most popular training programme, the Group Training Certificate (GTC) will teach your staff how to design and deliver effective, interactive training sessions to groups of people.
Our experienced GTC trainers will take them, step-by-step, through everything they need to know to become an excellent trainer – from setting objectives to handling challenging learners, creating vibrant presentations, writing action plans and more.
Benefits of training your people with the GTC programme include:
- Reduced costs – you won’t need to pay for external training
- Creating a training culture in your business where colleagues can share their knowledge and experience
- Consistent, excellent training for all your staff
- Formal assessment – all delegates are assessed at the end of the programme, and will get valuable feedback on what they’re doing well, and where they can improve
Who should take this course?
This course is ideal for anyone that needs to deliver training to groups of people as part of their role. This includes: team or department managers, supervisors, head chefs, training and development staff/managers and lecturers.
It also acts as a helpful refresher for professional trainers who want to keep their skills up to date.
Number of people per programme: 4-6
What the course covers:
- Setting objectives
- Structuring a training session
- Using different techniques to handle groups, check understanding and increase participation
- Using visual aids and handouts to make the best impact
- Creating exercises to get the group thinking
- Setting action plans
Our training sessions are informal with plenty of opportunities to share ideas, take part in exercises, practise new skills and learn from fellow participants.
What is the cost of the programme?
The recommended retail price for this 3 day programme is £995+VAT per participant. Find an Approved Training Provider
to discuss the programme and pricing in more detail.
Hear from others...
“The training was brilliant and certainly far more rewarding than another session I attended a couple of years ago. I left with some great new knowledge and very beneficial skills practice. Your sessions were great and a credit to People 1st!”
Andrew Jeffrey, Rocco Forte Hotels
“I learnt a lot more than I thought I would! It showed me a different way to pass on my knowledge to others and it’s been very effective. I would definitely recommend the programme to other chefs, managers or anyone else that delivers training as part of their job role.”
Steven Edwards, Brighton i360 and former winner of Masterchef – The Professionals
“We were really impressed by the content, delivery and impact GTC had on the business. I look to empower all of my managers and develop their skills - including presentation skills and overall communication. GTC does just that, in an inspiring and dynamic way.”
Andre Roche, Sofitel St. James Hotel